Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mid-Week Update

As of Thursday evening:

Joe: 32.5 Miles - 6 beers = 26.5 pts

Brian: 11 Miles - 0 beers = 11 pts

Danny: 12.5 Miles - 6 beers = 6.5 pts


So far so good for me, wish I could say the same for Brian & Danny. I'm feeling really good this week, so I'm half tempted to rack the mileage up into the 60+ range...but coming off a couple 15 mile weeks that seems unwise. The current plan is to gradually ramp up to 70-80 mile weeks in preparation for the Purge & Splurge 60 Miler at the end of the year.

Though I may have a solid head start on Brian and Danny I'm not counting them out to sneak back on me. Brian may have the knees of an 80 year old, but he's stubborn as all get out, and Danny is a freak...and way better than Brian or I at drinking in moderation. In regards to that last statement, I do realize that Brian currently stands at zero beers for the week, that is the fluke of all flukes and I'm formally wagering a 30-pack of Milwaukee's Best Ice that he can't go the whole week.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment